To type directly with the computer keyboard:
- Type a capital letter for the special characters: D, H, K, R, G, S, T, Z
- Type the capitals A for ɛ et G for ɣ
- Type x for kh and c for sh
- Type w= (or v) for w
- Type = to change a character: b=, g=, d=, D=, x=, h=, r=, s=, c=, z=
Download the font :Tifinaghe-Ircam Unicode
Copy [Ctrl]+[C] & Paste [Ctrl]+[V]
The Tifinagh alphabet is sometimes used for the Berber languages of Morocco and Algeria since the end of the 20th century, to make a difference with the Arabic or Latin alphabets.
Since the Antiquity, the Tifinagh alphabet has always been used by the Tuaregs, with certain characters that have evolued and some variants.
Some of these characters, specially those written with dots, habe been replaced by new ones: hence the name Neo-Tifinagh.
Some new characters:
ⵀ ⴽ ⵇ ⵃ ⵅ ⵄ ⵖ
• Ircam: Tifinagh font & alphabet (Institut royal de la culture amazighe du Maroc)
→ Berber language
→ Berber keyboard: Latin alphabet
→ Tuareg keyboard: Tifinagh alphabet
→ Tifinagh alphabet
→ Multilingual keyboard: index